Group journey "Baila en Cuba 2012"
Salsa - Casino - Reggaeton from 17.11. - 01.12.2012 in Havana
incl. full pass for the participation in the International Salsa Festival
If you want to (learn how to) dance intensively, you receive an substantial offer with this group journey - two intensive dance weeks in the centre of salsa Havana! You also get to know the different faces of an exceptional Caribbean city. During the first week, you live and dance in the historic city and you stay at a Cuban private accommodation carefully selected by us.
During the second week of this journey, you change to the modern part of Havana to a hotel located directly by the sea in Miramar, where the festival takes place.
You can dance for two weeks! During the first week, in the dance school of "Danza y Movimiento". During the second week, together with hundreds of salseros and salseras from all over the world in the course of the festival "Baila en Cuba".
A unique opportunity to experience closely two weeks of salsa in different settings!
You are picked up personally at the international airport of Havana and you are taken to your place of accommodation. The next morning, you meet your English speaking travel management guide, who then shows you the historic part of the city during a round tour on the first day of your stay (Sunday).
She accompanies you during the first week of your stay and she is happy to answer your questions.
While you can spend the mornings during the first weeks of your stay going to the beach or getting to know the city and its cultural sights, the afternoons are dedicated to the dance exercise. The Movimiento classes provides you with physical awareness, which is the basis and at the same time a requirement for dancing salsa or casino. The following salsa lessons help you to improve your technique individually. You dance with Cuban dance partners, and thus you learn according to your personal dance level. Usually, your dance partners are professional Cuban dancers who often have experience from dance shows touring the world (for example "Lady Salsa" or "Bar at Buena Vista"). They help you to improve your personal dance skills. The dance classes are designed by Caruca and her team. For more information on Caruca and salsa please click
A day spent by the group at the beaches of Playas del Este completes the first week. Time for relaxing on the beach under palmtrees.
Change of scene on Sunday: You move to the suburb of Miramar, located at about a 15min. drive from the city centre. There, you either stay at the venue of the festival "Baila en Cuba", the 5*hotel Melia Habana, or in the 4*hotel Panorama or 2* Neptuno nearby. In the course of the day, you pick up your full pass for the International Salsa Meeting in order to be able to participate in the big opening event in the evening.
The following days give you the chance to keep dancing with salseros and salseras from Cuba and all over the world from morning to late at night. You can participate in the course programme, which is divided into 4 levels, in the mornings and in the afternoons. There are classes of Salsa, Casino, Rueda de Casino, Afrocuban, Son und Cha Cha Chá. One afternoon is especially dedicated to Rumba.
On five evenings, starting at 9pm, you can show what you have learned and have fun. Some of the most renowned Cuban orchestras were booked for the live concerts. You can dance with Los Van Van, Adalberto Alvárez y su son, the Charanga Habanera, Paulito FG, NG La Banda, Manolito Simonet y su trabuco, Pachito Alonso y sus Kini Kini, Yumuri y sus Hermanos,
Leonel Limonta y Azúcar Negra, Anacaona, Pupi y los que son son and Elito Revé!
You will hardly get this selection in this complexity again ...
You can also choose Spanish classes, percussion classes or additional dance classes for a small extra charge during the first week.
Travel dates: 17.11. - 01.12.2012
The basic price for our journey is
Price per person in double room
Arrival: 17/11/12 Start of programme: 18/11 Sunday, 10 am (guided walk)
The group journey offers and the price as indicated above includes:
- Individual pick up service and transfer to the accommodation on arrival at the international airport of Havana
- 8 nights in double room with breakfast in carefully selected private accommodations.
- 6 nights in double room with breakfast at the Hotel Neptuno.
- Tour through the historic part of Havana
- Day trip to the beaches of Playas del Este
- 5 x 120 min. Salsa classes with Caruca and personal Cuban dance partner (dance school "Danza y Movimiento")
- 5 x 90 min. Movimiento (dance school "Danza y Movimiento")
- Opening night of the festival "Baila en Cuba" on 26/11*
- 9 tuitional dance sessions of 2-3 hrs. each as part of the festival "Baila en Cuba"*
- 5 night concerts and shows with Cuban top music bands and dancers*
- Shuttle service to the concerts*
- Transfer out hotel - international airport Havana on 01/12*
- English speaking tour management from 18th to 24st of November
- Two CDs of Salsa music for your travel preparation (will be sent together with your travel documents)
- Travelprice insurance policy
The following information is also important for your travel planning:
On request, we can also arrange personal and exclusive dance partners for the workshops and the concerts of the Salsa Festival in cooperation with the festival management. The extra charge is 198.- Euro when booking with the basic travel package. (If you book this service afterwards and separately it is 35 Euro more expensive.)
- If you prefer to stay at the festival hotel, the 5* hotel Melia Habana, the price for the whole package when staying in a double room is per person 1398.- Euro.
- Another option for accommodation during the festival is in the 4*
hotel "Panorama". The entire package with lodging in a double room
would then be 1198.- euros per person.
- Single room surcharge for Hotel Neptuno 198.-, for Hotel Panorama 248.-, for Hotel
Melia Habana 298.- Euro.
- Flights: Individual and not included in the price. But we are happy to assist you with flight arrangements.
- The guided walk through the old part of Havana is in German or English. You can also get an interpreter for other languages for an extra charge of 15 Euro.
- Please use our special
form for bookings and enquiries.
- We will confirm your registration by email. After confirming all of the booked services with our service providers, you will then receive a written booking confirmation / invoice by mail or as a pdf document.
As an exception to our general terms of business, the deposit for this trip is €250 per person. Another €250 is to be paid 90 days before departure date. The remainder is then to be transferred 30 days before departure.
In the case of a trip cancellation up to 90 days before departure €250 is due, from the 90th to 30th day before departure 40% of the total price, and from the 29th to the 15th day 60%, per person. The clauses published in our General Terms of Business are then valid from the 14th day before departure onwards. If you live outside of the EU and pay by credit card, we charge you the corresponding amount.
- Please consider whether and which travel insurance and other documents you need to go to Cuba. In most countries, an insurance policy can easily be taken out on the internet and should include the value of all travel services, including your flight. Get more information about insurances and visa you need for Cuba on our FAQ-site.
- If your arrival or departure dates should vary due to flight schedules, or if you simply wish to arrive earlier or to stay longer, we calculate the extra nights separately. The price difference usually is small and we recommend to rather book some extra days instead of taking a flight that is more expensive.
- If you have time to spend for example a week before or after the programme at the Playas del Este located close to Havana, we can recommend and organise private accommodations as well as various hotels. The price for 7 nights in a double room with breakfast start from 225 Euro per person (this offer is only valid in combination with the basic travel package).
- The services indicated with a * are part of the programme of the International Salsa Meeting, which is completely organized by a local management. We do not have any influence on changes or modifications of this programme. Modifications or even a cancellation from the organizer's side is no reason for a withdrawal from the journey as long as we can offer you a substitute programme for the corresponding days according to the bounds of our possibilities.
- Please do not forget to tell us your previous salsa knowledge when booking.
- If you combine this offer with an additional course of Movimiento, Spanish, Percussion or Drums, you will only be charged an extra price of 150.- Euro for the additional 5-day course!
For further information please contact us via our
If these travel dates should not suit you,
we can also offer you Salsa classes in small groups throughout the year!
More information here.
#Aaa - Z | #Group journeys | Salsafestival 2013 | Havana April 2014 | #Individual journeys | Accomodation | Salsa and Casino | Movimiento / Reggaeton | Afro / Folklore | Modern / Contemporary | Spanish | Percussion | Instruments | Active + beach | #Extras, Service + Info | Additional modules | Havana extras | Prices and procedure | Consultation | FAQ | Application | Feedback | Travel News | Philosophy