Salsa - playing between eroticism and physical desire
Dance Workshop including elements of tantric body work - from August 19th to 26th, 2012, in Italy.
Let yourself be inspired from a week full of new experiences and impulses, with plenty of space to dance and to come into contact with others, and time to let life pulse intensely. The various elements of the workshop contribute to this, as well as the ambience of a beautiful seminar house with excellent cuisine and the impressions of nature: the warm summer wind gently caressing the hills of the Toscana countryside. Time to relax by the pool, between the lavender bushes, or on the deckchairs in the olive groves...
Salsa training, salsa contact training, movimiento (holistic body awareness through isolation of specific body areas), relaxation exercises, simple massage sequences, exercises on man-woman dynamics, basic yoga, salsa technique for beginners, dance exercises and sharing rounds will fill the days as the essential elements.
Salsa dancers searching for inspiration will be able to make as many new discoveries as beginners, in the dance and in encounters with others - and themselves. It is important that the focus doesn't lie on step combinations and technique. The elements of the workshop are intended to expand the focus beyond the dance position and the simultaneous dancing of agreed-upon steps, and move toward a contact with one's partner and thus to discover a possible common communication. Practicing this can bring even salsa pros exciting new perceptions into themselves and their partner. And we will prepare ourselves for contact with others by consciously relaxing ourselves (and our partner) through for example simple massage.
For all those who haven't danced salsa, there will be special times devoted to learning and becoming comfortable with the basic steps.
The daily programm of this week could look something like this:
- 07.30am for whoever would like to... gentle waking of the body through simple yoga exercises, conscious breathing and lead meditation
- 9.00am ample breakfast with a view over the valley
- 10.30am movimiento - the body gets in motion
- 11.00am salsa and contact
- 1.00pm time to relax and enjoy the pool
- 4.30pm active relaxing and touching
- 7.00pm supper, often with produce from the in-house garten
- 8.30pm salsa - technique for beginners
- 9.00pm practicas
The daily programm presented here serves as an orientation for what you can expect. Not all the days are so fully planned out. You will have plenty of 'unprogrammed' time. You will also be able to decide during the workshop how much of the individual activities you would like to participate in. Only the participation in the programm activities that are cumulative is mandatory - this includes the activities at 11am and 4.30pm and the sharing sessions.
Workshop leader: Matthias-Govinda. Susanna-Sitari (www.soham.de) and a team of helpers and assistents will support Matthias according to the size of the group.
|| Matthias-Govinda Möbius
I practice tantra, yoga and meditation. I've been dancing salsa for around 20 years. I don't follow the trend towards an ever more technical perfect and styled (show) dance. Nonetheless, the essence of salsa remains exciting for me in the context of holistic tantra training. In relation to salsa, I don't see myself as a dance teacher, but rather as a dance-communication trainer.
Trip dates: August 19th to 26th, 2012
Price per person in a multiple-bed room
Arrival date: August 19th, 2012 around 5 pm
Departure date: August 26th until 10 am
Included in the price are:
- Accommodation (7 nights)
- Half board
- The complete seminar programm
Please read the following details carefully since they contain further information about the trip:
- In a multiple-bed room, you share a room with one to three others.
- Participation in all exercises is voluntary and takes place on your own responsibility. If you register as a couple, you decide yourselves, which exercises you participate in together and whether you want to be open to the group.
- The workshop language is German with English translation for all exercise instructions.
- "Salsa pros": whoever has already danced salsa for a long time is welcome to participate in this workshop. It should, however, be clear that it won't be about who can dance the most perfect figure. Most of the dance exercises are therefore danced on the basis of son, since the slower rhythm makes it easier for everyone to get to know the swing of the dance. Fast rhythms are like everyday life: the speed doesn't leave any room for fine feeling - and that's really what this workshop is about.
- Please let us know in your registration, whether and how much experience you have.
- Arrival is individual and not included in the price. The airport of Pisa, around 35 km away, is used by many airlines. It is possible to get a taxi from the airport for about €80. Alternatively, you can take the train in the direction of Florence to S.Romano-Montopoli-S-Croce. From there, a taxi costs around €20. If you need, we can also send you a plan with directions on arriving by car.
- For bookings and inquiries please use our special contact
We will confirm your registration by email. You will then receive from us a written confirmation of registration and/or invoice and the statutory travel bond by post. Differing from our general terms of business, the deposit for this trip is €250 per person. A further €250 are due 90 days before the start of the seminar. The remainder of the invoice then to be transfered 30 days before the start of the seminar.
In case of cancellation 90 days before the start of the seminar, €250 are due. €500 are due for cancellations 30 days prior to the start of seminar, and 60% of the price is due per person for cancellations between the 29th and 15th days before the start of the seminar. After 14 days prior to the start of the seminar, our general terms of business are then valid.
- The minimum number of participants is 10 people. Should this number not be reached, the programm can be cancelled by the organizers up to 30 days before the course. Already made payments would then be reimbursed immediately. No further claims on the organizers are accepted.
Mobile phones: we recommend enjoying the week as a 'time out' from your everyday life, and to give in your mobile phone to the workshop administration. Should you wish to keep your mobile phone in your room for work or family reasons, then it is to be set on silent mode for the entire duration of the workshop and only to be used in the designated areas. You are responsible that none of the other participants overhear your using your mobile phone.
- Alcohol: we recommend abstaining from alcohol during the week. Your senses will be sharpened through the exercises and environment and you will be thus stimulated in a particular way. However, whoever cannot imagine Italy without a nice table wine - don't worry: for the evening meal wine will be offered at an extra cost. Outside of these times, alcohol is forbidden.
- Please consider whether and which travel insurance you require. It is often sensible to get a travel and medical insurance. Insurance can usually be easily taken out online and should contain the price of all travel costs, including transportation costs.
Feedback on "Salsa and Tantra" weekend workshops
It is noted whether a text comes from a man (m) or a woman (w)...
It was a great atmosphere and just nice people. Simply comfortable.(m)
I was able to let go and really take part in this workshop, and could finally throw my self-image of a talentless dancer over board - and what do you know: I danced! I jumped over my first big inner boundary, light-footed. This step went straight to my bones and when I woke up on the second day of the workshop, my legs and feet were twitching under the blanket in salsa rhythm!(w)
I was expecting more "salsa dancing" and got more "salsa feeling". That was in that moment, and aftwards, the right thing.(m)
Participating has strengthened my self-confidence.(w)
Was it really only two and half days??? I have the feeling as if I had been on a long journey to the land of my own possibilities and abilities. At the same time, I was incredibly relaxed and was allowed to have many wonderful experiences with myself and others. Perfectionism and my inner critic belonged as little to my luggage as self doubt and fear - from the first minute onwards. Intuitively and almost as a side thought I have begun to learn a new language, salsa, and I like this language and want to deepen my experiences with it... "Blessed are those who dare to devote themselves to the dance of life with their whole heart". In this sense I was able to grow a little bit more... (w)
This workshop gave me courage to take more risks! (m)
... and about our Tantra seminars in the Tuscany ...
I was looking for something, that I didn't find during this week; I found something this week, that I actually wasn't looking for... And this is perfect! (m)
It is amazing for me to see what changes took place in me in the few days of this tantra training.(w)
The tantra seminar in Tuscany gave me the chance to have very enrichening experiences, which one can hardly have in 'normal' everyday life. (m)
I am leaving with a lot of inspiration and will trust my intuitions and impulses more. (m)
Thank you for offering us such a wonderful environment for these processes - alone the surroundings were sensual... and the food so good... (w)
To the top
Aaa - Z | Salsafestival 2013 | Havana April 2014 | Consultation | Application | Feedback | Philosophy